Drug charges revolving around the manufacturing of illicit substances are always serious. Defendants need to have a very strong defense because prosecutors in Pennsylvania typically aggressively prosecute defendants in these situations.
If you have been arrested on drug charges centered on manufacturing, please consider seeking attorney guidance as soon as possible. Without proper legal assistance, you could face the following consequences if you are convicted:
- Imprisonment for up to three years
- Costly fines that could reach $25,000
- Destruction of your relationships
- Difficulty finding employment or housing
- Loss of your good reputation
Some drug offenses in the state are charged as misdemeanors rather than felonies. However, the penalties and the personal consequences discussed above are a possibility even in misdemeanor cases.
Although it can be difficult in some cases, a successful defense is always possible. Your first, best step is to find a lawyer who cares about you and your life. Together, you can explore potential defenses such as those listed below:
- Improper procedural steps were taken by law enforcement (such as unlawful search and seizure).
- You did not manufacture or even possess the drugs in question.
- There is not enough of the substance in question to warrant prosecution.
- You did not know about the drugs or the fact that they were being manufactured.
Although it may feel hopeless when you are facing any kind of drug charges, it is never wise to give up on building an effective defense. An experienced criminal defense attorney can help you explore your options and come up with a strategy to protect your freedom.