- Of Counsel
Attorney Daniel Cuddy focuses his practice on criminal defense, DUI and traffic violations. Before his private practice and affiliation with PennLaw, LLC, he spent 12 years in the Allegheny County District Attorney's Office where he handled a variety of cases, including homicide and vehicular homicide cases. During his time in the D.A.'s office he advanced to the position of Deputy District Attorney in charge of the General Trial, Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition and Statutory Appeals Units.
He received a B.A. in History from the University of Pittsburgh and continued on to the university's law school to earn his Juris Doctor in 1993. During his undergraduate years Mr. Cuddy was a four-year member of the soccer team, and was elected to the school's Athletic Director's List from 1986-1990. He was also nominated for the Big East Conference's Scholar Athlete of the Year in 1989.
Mr. Cuddy grew up in Bethel Park and currently resides in Upper St. Clair, where he is an active participant in his community. He is a league director and coach of several Upper St. Clair youth soccer teams.
Mr. Cuddy is admitted to practice law in Pennsylvania and before the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania.
Areas Of Practice
- Criminal Defense
- Drug Charges
- Pennsylvania, 1993
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- J.D. - 1993
- University of Pittsburgh
- B.A. - 1990
- Honors: Soccer Team, Member
- Honors: Elected, Athletic Director's List, 1986 - 1990
- Honors: Nominated, Big East Conference's Scholar Athlete of the Year, 1989
- Major: History
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Allegheny County Bar Association, Member, 2007 to Present
Past Employment Positions
- Allegheny County District Attorney's Office, 1995 to 2007
- Daniel J. Cuddy, Attorney at Law, 2007 to 2008
- Burns, White & Hickton, 2008 to 2013